Terms & Conditions
All orders that are accepted and goods supplied are subject to the following express terms and conditions of House of Computers Ltd whose registered office is at 48 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 2EF registered in England & Wales No. 08152830. These terms may change without notice to you in relation to future sales.
2. Description and price
- 2.1 The description & prices of the goods you order will be as shown clearly at the time you place your order. The goods are subject to availability and price changes. If the goods you have ordered are not available or have encountered a change in price we will inform you as soon as possible and allow you to decide if you wish to proceed or cancel the order. If you cancel and payment has been made we will refund you in full.
- 2.2Goods are not supplied on a trial basis. Customers are responsible for verifying suitability and compatibility of equipment and applications before purchasing them.
3. Delivery and shortages
- 3.1 Delivery charges will be applicable to every order, unless you select Free UK delivery.
- 3.2 In the case of goods purchased by credit/debit card (PayPal); those goods can only be shipped to the card holders registered statement address.
- 3.3 If there is a change in the agreed delivery date then the buyer has the right to cancel the order and receive a full refund of the amount paid.
- 3.4 If the delivery has been attempted on the agreed date but the buyer is not available to take delivery of the goods then an additional delivery charge may be applicable if the delivery is to be rescheduled.
- 3.5 Delivery dates and times are given in good faith but shall not account to any contractual obligation to deliver at the times stated. House of Computers Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery.
- 3.6 Upon taking delivery of the goods the customer should examine the goods and sign the delivery note. If there is a shortage in the goods received, details should be written on the delivery note. Furthermore for any goods received damaged or otherwise in a state of physical impairment, we must be contacted immediately or within 3 days of such delivery. We will not accept any Liability for damaged goods thereafter as couriers will not authorise such requests after the 3 days.
- 3.7 If you have not received delivery within 5 days of placing you order, please call us on 0207 096 5008 between 9:30am and 6:00pm, (Mon-Fri, excluding bank holidays).
- 3.8 If you do not contact us within 10 days of placing the order, it may be too late for us to help you as couriers only allow 7 days for any delivery disputes.
4. Distant selling regulations 2000
- 4.1 All cancellations must be confirmed in writing, fax or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 4.2 The Buyer may cancel the order, from the date of ordering to the day before the day of dispatch of the order, without any charges and the Company will refund the Buyer in full by the original method of payment.
- 4.3 The Buyer has a duty of care, under the regulations, to take care of the goods so they can be re-sold again by the Company. The Company will claim, from the Buyer, for the resulting loss in value for goods not kept in a reasonable condition. The Buyer must make the goods freely available at the original delivery address, to the Seller or his agent, within 21 days of cancellation, for collection on a working day. The regulations do not apply to unsealed licensed software. The Company will refund less appropriate deductions (including courier delivery and collection charges) to the Buyer within 30 days of the written notice of cancellation, by the original method of payment.
5. Warranty & Returns
- 5.1 The company supplies goods with the benefit of a 12 month manufacturer warranty unless stated otherwise in the item description. Warranty support may involve dealing directly with the manufacturer where possible.
- 5.2 If the goods supplied develop a defect while under warranty or you have a complaint you should notify us in writing or e-mail email@example.com. All Returns will need to be authorised by members of our Service team (otherwise they may subject to rejection).
- 5.3 Any requests for Returns after 14 days will be subject to confirmation of terms and a restocking fee up to 25% as long as the goods are in ‘As New’ condition, fully boxed and with all original contents and packaging within.
- 5.4 Software items will not be accepted for a return unless the goods are faulty, misdescribed, the shrink-wrap or copy right seal is intact. Items returned as faulty but found to have no fault (tested by manufacturer) may incur a testing charge, the value of which will be based on the cost to the Company without profit.
- 5.5 Proof of dispatch must be retained until the Company acknowledges safe receipt.
- 5.6 All packaging material should be retained until the goods are fully tested and functional. Returned goods should be within their original packaging.
6. Faulty products
- 6.1 Dead On Arrival products (DOA - Up to 28 Days)
If you feel your item is faulty on arrival, we would advise contacting our technical support on 0207 096 5008 between 9:30am and 6:00pm, (Mon-Fri, excluding bank holidays) to trouble shoot and fix any technical issues before organising a return as most of the technical issues are resolved this way. Goods returned with no fault found are subject to a restocking / handling charge, thus by contacting or technical support, we can avoid it by confirming the fault and obtaining the return to vendor authorisation or DOA code.
- 6.2 Item not as described
In the rare event your item is not as described, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and we will organise a free return and a replacement for you.
- 6.3 Faulty products beyond 28 Days
If your item develops a fault after 28 days DOA period, please contact the manufacturer to get it fixed. Faulty products cannot be returned for Refund beyond 28 days DOA period unless authorised by manufacturers.
7. Consequential loss
The Company's liability will be limited to the value of the goods only and not for any consequential damages or losses
8. Data protection
We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order secure but unless the company is negligent, we will not be liable for unauthorised access to information supplied by you.
9. Governing law
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the laws of the United Kingdom govern this contract.
Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.
Thank you for accessing www.hocdirect.co.uk (the "Website"). Please read these terms and conditions (the "Terms") before using the Website which is operated by House of Computers (Company Number 08152830), whose registered office is at 48 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 2EF. You can contact us on 0207 096 5008 between 9:30am and 6:00pm, (Mon-Fri, excluding bank holidays). Calls are charged at your normal provider's rates. By using the Website, you signify your
acceptance of the Terms in consideration of which we provide you with access. From time to time we may modify the Terms.
Accordingly, please continue to review the Terms whenever accessing or using the Website. If at any time you do not wish to accept the Terms, you may not use the Website. From time to time we may run competitions and promotions via the Website. Separate terms and conditions will be posted where applicable governing such competitions and promotions.
2. No reliance
While we have endeavoured to ensure the accuracy of the information accessed via the Website, we do not guarantee or give any warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information or material on the Website.
Based on warranty, contract and tort (including negligence) or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility thereof. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
3. Local laws and regulations
Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this Website are directed solely at those who access this Website from the United Kingdom mainland. Furthermore, the Website is not directed at any person in any jurisdiction where for any reason the
publication or availability of the Website is prohibited. Those in respect of whom such prohibitions apply must not access the Website. We do not represent that either the Website or the Content are appropriate for use or permitted by local laws in all
jurisdictions. Those who access the Website do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws or regulations; legal advice should be sought in cases of doubt.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless each of us, our employees, representatives and agents, from and against any claims, actions, demands or other proceedings brought against any of us, our employees, representatives or agents, by a third party, to the extent that such claim, suit, action or other proceeding brought against us, its employees, representatives, suppliers, or agents is based on or arises in connection with: (I) your use of the Website; (ii) any breach by you of the Terms; (iii) a claim that any use of the Website by you (aa) infringes any intellectual property rights of any third party, or any right of personality or publicity, or (bb) is libellous or defamatory, or otherwise results in injury or damage to any third party; (iv) any deletions,
additions, insertions, or alterations to, or any unauthorised use of, the Website by you; or (v) any misrepresentation or breach of representation or warranty made by you contained herein. References in this section of the Terms to your use of the Website shall be deemed to include any use by a third party where such a third party accesses the Website using your computer. You agree to pay us, our employees, representatives, and agents any and all costs, damages, and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) awarded against any of them or otherwise incurred by any of them in connection with or arising from any such third party claim, suit, action or proceeding attributable to any such third party claim.
Either you or we may terminate these terms with or without cause at any time.
6. Changes to the website
You accept that we have the right to change the content or technical specifications of any aspect of the Website at any time at our sole discretion. You further accept that such changes may result in you being unable to access the website.
No waiver by us of any breach of any obligation arising under these Terms shall constitute a waiver of any other breach and no failure to exercise or partial exercise by us of any remedy shall constitute a waiver of the right subsequently to exercise that or any other remedy.
8. Governing law and jurisdiction
The Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
9. Disclaimer (Only for blog viewers)
The views expressed in these blogs are of the individual and not necessarily House of Computers. The information within is provided by way of general information and discussion only and should not be relied upon without obtaining independent expert advice. These blogs are provided with no warranties and confer no rights. You assume all risk for your use of these blogs.
By making a purchase with House of Computers, you are consenting to receive news/offers via email.